If you're looking for a last-minute getaway for some much needed R&R, it's not too late to snag a last-minute deal. If you don't know where to start to find the best bang for your buck, don't worry. HLN's Natasha Curry scoped out all the best bargains from our money expert, Clark Howard.
- Pay to stay: Right now, you can get great last-minute deals for any place that isn't sold out, according to Howard. If hotels aren't your style, check out sites like Airbnb, VRBO or HomeAway for vacation rentals at popular summery spots like the beach or lake.
- Consider visiting a big city or even a staycation in your own town! On popular weekends, cities often clear out... leaving lots of room for tourists to try out a new town.
- Travel: Although it may seem easier to hop a flight to your vacay, Howard suggests checking out bus services that will take you up to six hours away. Far from the days of the big yellow school bus, buses nowadays are decked out with free WiFi, spacious seating and no security lines. The best part? The fares start at $1!
- Consider renting a car! If you're going more than 350 miles from home, Howard says it's cheaper to rent a car than put the mileage on your own car.
- Think off-season... even in the summer! South of Tampa, Florida is where all the off-season deals are for the beach, according to Clark. North of Tampa is the peak season for the beach, so expect to pay more!