If the seven year (or seventieth!) itch has got you and your spouse in a marital rut, Dr. Janet Page has five tips on how to keep the love alive.
- You know what it took to catch your spouse, don't stop now! Dr. Page says relationships do take work, but if you're married--you already know what makes your spouse tick. Her advice? Just keep feeding them what they love.
- Take time to communicate! The psychotherapist says talking to each other for at least 20 minutes every day will make a big difference. No cell phone, no TV, no laptop allowed!
- Although it may seem easy to nag or complain about your partner’s bad habits, Dr. Page advises: remember five positive traits for every negative. The doc challenges you to not say anything negative for an entire week and keep the good will flowing.
- Protect your relationship. Stress, in-laws, work, children-- stay alert of anything or anyone who may cause a rift between the two of you.
- Kiss and hug every day! A little affection and romance can go a long way.
Read more: How to put a "ring on it" in ONE YEAR!