Are you frustrated by the lack of action in your online dating profile?
We paired an online dater with professional matchmaker Dejuan Miller, CEO of Heartbeat Matchmaker, to find out why her profile doesn't have the dudes knocking on her digital door.
Here are some of her suggestions:
- Use fun keywords. Instead of "I like the outdoors," you could say "adventurous."
- Don’t be too forward.
- Fact-check everyone. Google is a good place to start.
- Wear colorful clothing in pictures.
- Use pictures with big, bright smiles.
- Don’t use pictures taken in bathrooms. You know the ones... holding your cell phone up in front of the mirror.
- Show yourself having fun.
- Use clear, REAL photos. Your date doesn't want to be surprised when you don't look like your photo and neither do you!