Most of the talk for Sunday's Miss America pageant has centered on the event's return to Atlantic City and Miss Kansas Theresa Vail's body tattoos. However, there are some other stories to keep an eye on.
1. Miss Iowa: Nicole Kelly was born without her left forearm, but that has not stopped her in life. "As I grew older, I learned to offset the initial stares I received from people with an outgoing personality that would not give in to "No." This meant that I tried everything! From baseball, to dance to diving, there was nothing I would not try. I found my passion within a world where I was giving people permission to stare...the stage."
2. Miss Alabama: The University of Alabama has the No. 1 college football team in the country, and Chandler Champion wants the world to know it. The 20-year-old, who attends the school, styled out in the "Show Me Your Shoes" parade with a pants jumpsuit with a houndstooth-oversized float with the Crimson Tide's championship emblem.
3. Miss New York: Nina Davuluri is the first Indian-American to claim the title of Miss New York. She also admitted she struggled with her weight as a child and battled with bulimia in college. Davuluri said she looked at a photo of her and saw how much weight she gained. She told The Post-Standard: "This is not who I want to be, and it is not the way I want to portray myself to the world." Davuluri said she embraced a healthy lifestyle and wants to become a physician.
4. Miss Florida: Myrrhanda Jones will be competing hurt when she hits the pageant stage. According to NJ.com, Jones' father said his daughter injured her ACL Thursday during baton-twirling rehearsals for the talent competition. She wore a brace during Satuday's Miss America preliminaries and won the talent competition.
5. Miss Hawaii and Miss California: We hope that if it comes down to these two, there won't be any confusion. Both Miss Hawaii and Miss California goes by the name Crystal Lee. Miss Hawaii Crystal Lee wants to be an advertising/promotions executive while Miss California Crystal Lee wants to start her own technology company.