Don't think you can afford to travel this summer? Well, think again.
There are a lot of programs out there that will give you free room and board in exchange for a little work. Trust us, it will be a lot better than spending the summer watching "Maury" re-runs.
1. Teach English at summer camps around Italy with ACLE. No Italian required! The organization spends a week training you, then you are sent around Italy to weeklong camps with your fellow tutors.
2. Are you a Girl Scout? WAGGGS (World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts) owns four "world centers," located in London, Mexico, India and Switzerland. Girls that are members of WAGGGS can volunteer for months at a time at one of the world centers. They give you free room and board in exchange for helping around the center.
3. WWOOF (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms) connects traveling volunteers with farms all over the world. In exchange for four to six hours of work a day on the farm, the family will put you up with room and board during your stay.
4. Another Scouting opportunity! The Kandersteg International Scout Centre is located in the Swiss Alps. It's a place for both Boy Scout and Girl Scouts to seek adventure together! They have a short-term volunteer program that will put you up for the summer in exchange for working at the center.
5. Don't want to leave the country this summer? Delaware North Companies is the company to go to if you want a service industry job at Yosemite National Park. By day, you'll flip burgers at the grill. However at night, you are free to explore the park.