George Zimmerman has agreed to be part of a celebrity boxing match.
He tweeted the announcement Thursday afternoon:
Here we go :-) http://t.co/j3UoCSxcv3
— George Zimmerman (@TherealGeorgeZ) January 30, 2014
Zimmerman was found not guilty of second-degree murder and manslaughter for killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on the night of February 26, 2012. He claims he shot the unarmed Martin in self-defense.
So far, he has no opponent, but celebrity boxing promoter Damon Feldman says he already has 8,000 people who want to fight the former neighborhood watchman.
Read more: Zimmerman's new 'Angel' art draws scrutiny
Feldman, who said he's done 55 celebrity fights with infamous people from "Octomom" Nadya Suleman to Michael Lohan, said Zimmerman will fight anyone.
“We are not looking at color," he said. "He just wants to prove he has a passion for boxing."
One volunteer's offer to get in the ring has been retweeted thousands of times.
Help me get George Zimmerman outta here... pic.twitter.com/M4HKyXMjYS
— Blacklemore (@hosienation) January 30, 2014
The online pay-per-view match is set for March 1. Part of the proceeds will go to charity.