And the Oscar goes to... well, none of these actors or films. Here are some of the major Academy Award nomination snubs this year (in no particular order), according to some very angry fans on Twitter ( click here to see a list of those who actually were nominated Thursday):
1. "The Butler" is the story of a White House butler who served eight American presidents over three decades.
2. "Fruitvale Station" is based on the true story of Oscar Grant, the man killed by a BART police officer in Oakland, California.
3. "Mandela" is based on the autobiography of late South African President Nelson Mandela.
4. Oprah for her role in "The Butler."
5. Tom Hanks for his role in "Saving Captain Phillips."
6. Joaquin Phoenix for his role in "Her."
7. Scarlett Johansson for her role in "Her."
8. "Saving Mr. Banks" follows the development of the 1964 Walt Disney film "Mary Poppins."
9. "Blackfish" traces the life of infamous killer whale Tilikum, who has been associated with some fatalities at SeaWorld. CNN aired the documentary in October.
10. "Inside Llewyn Davis" follows the life of a young folk singer in the 1960s.
11. "Monsters University" shows us Pixar's adorable monsters attending an elite "Scare Program" in college.
12. "Rush" is the true story of two racing rivals who push themselves to the limit.
13. Robert Redford for his role in "All Is Lost."
Who else was missing from the Oscar nominations this year? Tweet us @HLNTV!