An Ohio man was arrested and charged Monday with multiple counts for allegedly trying to cover up an incident related to two star high school football players accused of rape.
Fifty-three-year-old William Rhinaman, director of technology at Steubenville High School, is charged with tampering with evidence, obstruction of justice, obstructing business and perjury for his role in the high-profile rape case that rocked the small town of Steubenville last year.
"This is the first indictment in an ongoing grand jury investigation," Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine told HLN in a prepared statement. "Our goal remains to uncover the truth, and our investigation continues."
SLIDESHOW [truTV]: Police sketches only a mother could love
HLN intervewed DeWine Tuesday about the latest arrest in the case, and he refused to comment on what exact evidence Rhinaman is accused of tampering with.
"I'm very limited in what I can say, because this is the product of an investigation by the grand jury, as you know, in Ohio and most states grand jury proceedings are secret, said Dewine. "I can't really talk about it, but he is the director of technology at the school. He is an employee of the school. And what I've said is that, in fact, what he did did occur as a result of that employment."
In March, Steubenville football players Maâ€™lik Richmond and Trenton Mays were convicted of raping a 16-year-old girl during a party in August 2012. Photos and videos of the victim made their way onto social media and attracted national attention.
SLIDESHOW [truTV]: Fire starters
If convicted, Rhinaman could be sentenced to four years in prison, which is longer than the two boys convicted of rape will serve.
Richmond was sentenced to a minimum of one year in a juvenile correctional facility. Mays got two years.