By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Close X

'Not guilty': Bride pleads in groom's cliff death

  • Jordan Linn Graham is charged with three crimes, including first-degree and second-degree murder
  • She pleaded not guilty to all charges Friday
'Not guilty': Bride pleads in groom's cliff death

What's next for widow in cliff fall?

What's next for widow in cliff fall?

A newlywed accused of pushing her husband off a cliff in Montana pleaded not guilty Friday to first-degree and second-degree murder charges, as well as one charge of making false statements to law enforcement.

Jordan Linn Graham appeared in a federal courtroom in Missoula, Montana, for her arraignment, during which she was officially informed of the charges against her.

Graham’s attorney said during a hearing September 13 that her husband’s death was an accident.

The couple had been married for a little more than a week when Graham's husband, Cody Johnson, fell to his death on July 7.

According to court documents filed in the case, Graham told police she went with Johnson to a hiking trail in Glacier National Park that evening in July and an argument ensued.

“Graham stated their argument intensified. At one point in time during their arguing, Graham turned and began to walk away. She stated Johnson grabbed her by the arm,” reads an affidavit supporting the charges against Graham.

Graham said she then turned around and removed Johnson's hand, and that’s when the tragedy happened.

“Graham stated she could have just walked away, but due to her anger, she pushed Johnson with both hands in the back and as a result, he fell face first off the cliff,” reads the affidavit.

Johnson’s body was found several days later.

The affidavit also states that Graham texted a friend the same night her husband died, saying in the message that she was going to talk to Johnson about having “second thoughts.”

Graham said via text message, “Oh well, I am about to talk to him.”

Her friend responded, “I’ll pray for you guys.”

Graham then replied, “Dead serious, if u don’t hear from me at all again tonight, something happened,” according to a court document filed in the case.

Join the conversation... welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the Rules of Conduct set forth in our Terms of Service. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Service.
Camp worker accused of sexually abusing 6-year-old
Justice | See all 2660 items Camp worker accused of sexually abusing 6-year-old