By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Close X

Nancy Grace

"Nancy Grace" is television's only justice themed/interview/debate show for those interested in the breaking news of the day.

Body of missing mom of triplets found

  • Jacque Sue Waller vanished in 2011
  • Body recovered by law enforcement Wednesday
  • Estranged husband charged with first-degree murder
  • Murder trial scheduled to start in September
Jacque Sue Waller went missing in 2011.

The body of a Missouri mother who went missing nearly two years ago was recovered by law enforcement Wednesday, according to the Cape Girardeau County Prosecuting Attorney.

Jacque Sue Waller, a 39-year-old mother of triplets, was last seen alive on June 1, 2011 at her estranged husband Clay Waller’s home following a meeting with an attorney about their pending divorce. On the afternoon she disappeared, police say Jacque told family members she was going to pick up her son from her husband’s home.

Jacque’s car was found on the shoulder of I-55 in Jackson, Missouri the next day with a flat tire. Police said an examination of the car revealed the tire had been punctured multiple times while sitting stationary.

In April 2012, Waller was charged with first-degree murder and two counts of tampering with evidence in connection with his wife’s disappearance.

Police said in court documents that Jacque previously told friends and family that her husband had repeatedly threatened to kill her and their children if she attempted to leave him. Inside Jacque’s abandoned car, police found her laptop containing her personal diary. In it, Jacque wrote, “’He told me that a divorce would be my death sentence,’” according to an April 17, 2012 probable cause statement for Clay Waller's arrest.

Authorities at the Jackson Police Department say Waller spoke to them a few hours after his wife was reported missing and gave his account of what happened the day his wife vanished. Court documents state Waller initially told police Jacque had left his home on foot following an argument, but at some point she returned to the house to use the bathroom. Waller told police he left the house after the fight, and when he returned Jacque and her car were gone.

During a search of Waller’s home, investigators said they found blood evidence on the hallway walls, as well as on cut-up pieces of carpet located in the house’s crawl space. Analysis confirmed that the blood samples collected from the home contained a DNA profile that matched Jacque, police said in court documents. 

In July 2011, Waller spoke with police again about the circumstances of his wife’s disappearance. According to court documents, Waller now told police Jacque came to his home that day to have sex and discuss the issue of bankruptcy. 

According to a probable cause statement, Waller told police Jacque accidentally injured herself at the house and started bleeding "a lot." After Jacque cleaned herself up from the accident, Waller allegedly said they began to argue and he threw Jacque’s car keys in the air toward the driveway where they got stuck in a tree. He said Jacque then walked to a friend’s house on foot. 

Documents state Waller told police he used a broom handle to retrieve Jacque’s keys and placed them on the windshield of her car. Waller allegedly said he then left the home and drove around the Cape Girardeau area for the next few hours. 

Police say Waller admitted to cutting the bloody carpet found in his crawl space into pieces and concealing it beneath the house in order to keep it from being found. According to police, Waller denied being responsible for Jacque’s death.

HLN reached out to Waller’s attorney Christopher Davis for a comment Thursday and Friday, but calls were not returned.

“Because this is an on-going investigation and involves a pending criminal case, there will be no further comment from this office or any other agency,” the Cape Girardeau County Prosecuting Attorney said in a news release Thursday.

A message on the Find Jacque S Waller Facebook page posted Thursday said:

“It is with a heavy heart I deliver this message. Our daughter, mother, sister and friend has been found. God has planned everything well to place us in this very moment. God guided the law enforcement officials, searchers, K9s and most of all the prayers being sent to the prison to weigh heavily on clays mind. We thank everyone of you who has supported us and assisted us in this terrible nightmare. We have no arrangements as of yet but we will be able to lay our Jacque Sue to rest....finally. God Bless you all!”

Waller is currently serving a five-year prison sentence on a federal conviction for making threats over the internet to Jacque’s sister.

At his arraignment hearing last August, Waller entered a not guilty plea to the murder and two evidence tampering charges. His murder trial is scheduled to start in September.


Join the conversation... welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the Rules of Conduct set forth in our Terms of Service. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Service.
Arrest made in Texas deputy's killing
On The Case | See all 2700 items Arrest made in Texas deputy's killing