Jodi Arias was convicted of first-degree murder. The jury said she killed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander with extreme cruelty. Now the only decision left is if Arias will be sentenced to life in prison or death.
On Thursday, defense attorney Kirk Nurmi outlined their argument for why Jodi Arias should NOT be sentenced to death. According to Nurmi, there is a list of mitigating factors he wants the jury to consider.
- Jodi's age
- Jodi has no prior criminal history
- Jodi was a good friend
- Jodi lacked support from family
- Jodi suffered abuse & neglect as a child
- Jodi tried to make the best of her life
- Jodi tried to improve herself
- Jodi is a talented artist
What do you think? Will the jury agree with any of these mitigating factors? Or will Jodi Arias be given the death penalty?
For complete coverage of the Jodi Arias trial, watch Jane Velez-Mitchell weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on HLN.