It's all about the Oscars this weekend! If you can't get enough of the Academy Awards (from the fabulous gowns to the inspiring speeches), you're in great company. As Hollywood prepares for the biggest party of the year, Weekend Express shows you how to roll out the red carpet for your own awards show party.
To help take your party from shabby to chic, Natasha Curry talked to Amy Osaba, the creative director for Amy Osaba Event Floral Design.
The best part? These tips won't leave your bank account in shambles.
- First things first-- decide on a theme! Having trouble deciding? Osaba chose a "Life of Pi" theme, in honor of the film's nominations.
- Utilize items in your own home or the dollar section at the local drugstore! Osaba completed her theme with affordable tiger trinkets (spray-painted a fun metallic color) and white plates adorned with gold plate chargers. Don't feel like you have to spend a fortune! Old candlesticks, spray-paint and continuity in color can go a long way!
- Flowers are a must-have for a dinner party set up. The pop of color can help break up the monochromatic theme from the dinnerware.
- Personalized touches are the key to happy guests! Whether it's a name card or a little Oscar-themed questionnaire to break the ice, attention to detail will go a long way.
- Party favors don't have to cost you a dime! Gift an inexpensive party decorations or hand out crafted cocktails to your guests!
Tune into Weekend Express all weekend for the latest Oscars coverage. We have it all -- from the fashion to the films!