A pair of brothers were so excited about winning $75,000 in the lottery, they purchased meth and accidentally blew up their home, according to the Wichita Eagle, citing police.
The explosion sent the 27-year-old brother to the hospital with second-degree burns on his arms, hands and chest, the paper reports. He remains there in serious, but stable condition.
Last Friday, police say the men celebrated their lottery winnings by buying marijuana and meth. One brother went to refuel butane torches in the kitchen, which they used to light their bongs. The butane leaked into the air when he emptied large cans of butane lighter fluid.
"The butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, and as you might expect, ka-boom," Wichita police Sgt. Bruce Watts told the publication.
The victim's girlfriend dropped him off at the hospital and left, according to the newspaper. When officers arrived at the home with a warrant, the other brother ran out and admitted he had marijuana and methamphetamine. Cops later arrested him.
Maybe he’ll use his newfound riches to pay for his bail and his brother's hospital bills.