Can we nominate Tina Fey and Amy Poehler to host all awards shows from now on?
The former "SNL" buddies brought the house down during the 70th annual Golden Globes Sunday night, bringing just the right mix of self-deprecating humor, celebrity razzing and goofy fun to the giant Hollywood shindig.
The pair were widely praised for breezing through what many have called a thankless job (just ask Ricky Gervais), but what were their top five best moments? Let's count them down!
5) Daniel Day-Lewis as E.T: The pair got one of the greatest actors of our time, Daniel Day-Lewis, to do the "E.T. finger" on air. 'Nuff said.
4) The middle school crack: After "Girls" star and executive producer Lena Dunham thanked her fellow nominees (including Fey and Poehler) in the Best Actress, TV Comedy category for helping her get through childhood, Fey and Poehler took to the stage with drinks in hand, acting tipsy as they said "Congratulations, Lena Dunham, I'm so glad we were able to get you through middle school."
3) Squelching the controversy behind "Zero Dark Thirty" once and for all: During their opening stand-up bit, Poehler referenced director Kathryn Bigelow, who has had to defend her film since its opening: “I haven’t really been following the controversy over ‘Zero Dark Thirty,’ but when it comes to torture, I trust the lady who spent three years married to James Cameron.”
2) J.Lo vs. George Clooney: Fey and Poehler, who were both nominated for best actress in a TV comedy, mugged it up for the cameras during their cutaways, with Fey expectantly nervous alongside Jennifer Lopez, and Poehler literally sitting on George Clooney's lap and giggling with him. Just the reaction shots were worth the gag.
1) Bill who? After Bill Clinton's surprise appearance at the Globes, Poehler deadpanned, “Oh my god that was Hillary Clinton’s husband!" Genius. Pure genius.
What did you think were Fey and Poehler's best moments? Sound off below!