Lindsay Lohan may be able to avoid prosecution for allegedly punching a woman at a New York nightclub last November.
Lohan’s attorney Mark Heller says that prosecutors are not ready to proceed with their case at this time, and believes the case could be dropped.
“I predicted when I had Lindsay released from the precinct that she would be totally exonerated, it’s my opinion that this case will ultimately be declined for prosecution but it will be several weeks before the district attorney makes that decision,” said Heller.
At a press conference Monday, Heller said he has presented the New York County District Attorney’s Office with evidence that it was actually Lohan that was harassed that night, and she never made physical contact with the alleged victim.
“Lohan was out with some friends on the evening of this occasion and it was not her intention to get into any type of an aggressive situation. She was relaxing and she was literally accosted by various individuals who were pursuing her to read her fortune and take pictures of her and she politely asked to be left alone and apparently this event arose when not Lindsay but the other individuals became very aggressive and Lindsay Lohan did not commit any crime, she did not assault anyone, all she did was verbally request her privacy,” said Heller.
If New York prosecutors decide to pursue the case Lohan could face a misdemeanor assault charge.
Meanwhile, Lohan is facing more legal trouble in California. Lohan’s probation for a 2011 conviction on charges she stole a necklace is in jeopardy, because she is facing new charges from a car crash last summer in Santa Monica, California.
Lohan crashed her car on her way to the set for the filming of "Liz & Dick," a Lifetime movie that aired last year.
Prosecutors in that case have charged Lohan with giving false information to a police officer, obstructing or resisting a police officer in performance of his duty, and reckless driving. All of the charges from the crash are misdemeanors.