There are so many things that can go wrong on Thanksgiving: Maybe you forgot to defrost the turkey, your mashed potatoes are lumpy or your stuffing is way too soggy.
Read more: How to not mess up Thanksgiving
Kat Kinsman, the managing editor for CNN.com's Eatocracy blog, has a nifty trick to distract your guests in case of a dinner disaster: It's called bacon candy and it is glorious. It's easy to make, too! Your guests will forget you burned the yams with one whiff of this treat:
Bacon Candy Recipe
- 1 lb bacon (not the fancy bacon, just regular ol' grocery store bacon)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice bacon into 1/2 inch strips and coat thoroughly with brown sugar.
- Crumple up aluminum foil slight to form little channels into which grease can drain. Place it on a baking sheet. Lay out the sugared bacon on this, making sure not to avoid overlap.
- Bake until crispy, draining off excess fat and sprinkling more sugar as needed. Allow to cool and harden before serving.
Kat also serves this dish as an appetizer and says to be prepared for it to go FAST!
Try it out and tell us how your guests liked it in the comments section.
Kat has more entertaining secrets to help you avoid a holiday dinner disaster Wednesday on Evening Express 5-7 p.m. ET.