The Big Gulp has been put on notice.
And congratulations, Stadium Souvenir Cup Super Chug -- you just made the list.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has declared he's going after jumbo-sized sugary drinks, seeking a ban on all sizes larger than 16 ounces. Restaurants, push carts, convenience stores, stadiums and movie theaters would all have to comply -- though nothing's stopping you from getting four free refills.
But if you still prefer your calorie-bombs in single-serving form, there are plenty of fantastic options still available -- including a bottle of beer which packs the caloric equivalent of an entire 12-pack of another brand of beer. So if you're absolutely determined to defy the mayor's intentions (and your doctor/mother's pleas) here are 10 drinks you should consider consuming:
1. Red Bull & vodka (209 calories, 26 grams of sugar) Not that anybody is drinking this for its health benefits, but the 1:30 a.m.-At-A-Bar-With-Nicki-Minaj-Blasting-From-The-Speakers favorite crams in a solid amount of calories.
2. Minute Maid Lemonade (250 calories, 67 grams of sugar) Lemonade has such simple, breezy, natural connotations. But you know, without all that sugar mixed in, is it just a watery, bitter mess?
3. Chili's Presidential Margarita (280 calories, 33 grams of sugar) Pretty sure that doesn't also include a salt-crusted rim. Sodium-licious!
4. Rockstar Energy Drink (280 calories, 62 grams of sugar) "OhMyGodI'mSoAmped!SoCrazyFullOfEnergyRightNow! Let'sGoRaceThatTrain!NoIdeaWhyI'mSoCharged!" It's probably the 62 grams of sugar, bro.
5. Sierra Nevada Bigfoot (330 calories) One bottle of this brew has roughly the same amount of calories as a 12-pack of Michelob Ultra, according to "Eat This, Not That."
6. Starbucks grande white chocolate mocha (400 calories, 11 grams of fat) Even more potent if you opt for the whipped cream. Of course, one should just assume that anything with 'white chocolate mocha' in the title safely falls into 'guilty pleasure' territory.
7. Pina colada (880 calories) Hopeless romantic Rupert Holmes' favorite beverage will make his heart skip a beat. Possibly literally. Still, it's great for people who like drinking their dessert. And getting caught in the rain.
8. McDonald's McCafe strawberry shake, 22 oz. (850 calories, 123 grams of sugar, 25 grams of fat) "But, it's strawberry!" your brain protests. "That's a fruit! This must be at least kind of good of you?!" Nope.
9. Krispy Kreme lemon sherbet chiller (980 calories, 115 grams of sugar, 40 grams of fat) Well, first clue: It's a drink made by the glazed donut people. Despite the somewhat harmless sounding "lemon sherbet" title, "Eat This, Not That" finds this frosty beverage delivers the equivalent of 16 medium sized eclairs!
10. Smoothie King peanut power plus grape, 40 oz. (1,498 calories, 214 grams of sugar) Or, you could just drink three smoked pork sausages.