And the award for most dedicated golf fan goes to … Russ Berkman of Seattle!
He was lucky enough to score four tickets to the Masters practice round through a lottery. The night before his big trip with his buddies, he made a quick run to the store and, when he got back, he found a not so awesome surprise.
“When I walked into the house, I noticed there were a few strings on my hardwood floors,” Berkman told KJR (check out their site for the pics). “It looked to be the strings that were connected to my Masters tickets.”
His Swiss Mountain dog Sierra had eaten his tickets -- yes, ALL four of them! Can you say bad girl?! Very, very bad girl!
But here’s why we really like Berkman: Instead of cancelling his trip, he devised a plan to get those tickets back (and no, it didn’t involve waiting for them to come out the other end!).
He fed Sierra hydrogen peroxide (which is apparently safe for dogs to ingest) and waited for her to barf the tickets back up. And sure enough, she did!
“Each ticket was probably in roughly 20 pieces,” he says.
Now what to do with all those pieces ... put them back together of course!
“It came out pretty well. We got about 70% of all four tickets put together,” he says. It only took a couple of hours, some cocktails and a stomach of steel.
He called up officials in Augusta who apparently saw the humor in the whole thing and decided to issue him a new set of passes. What a lucky guy! We bet he's really savoring the trip right now. And honestly, if anyone deserves it, it's him!
What’s the weirdest thing your dog has eaten? Mine have never chomped on anything precious, but they do like nibbling paper. And my vet tech says his Australian Shepherd got into his coffee can and ate the wad of cash he was saving up for an engagement ring! Can you top that? Let us know, we'd love to hear your stories!