The 17-year-old Ohio school shooting suspect will remain in detention as prosecutors determine the charges in the case, a judge ruled Tuesday.
Judge Timothy Grendell of the Geauga County Probate/Juvenile Court said at a hearing that prosecutors have until March 1 to file charges against T.J. Lane.
A prosecutor told the court that Lane fired 10 rounds and chose his victims randomly when he allegedly walked into the Chardon High School cafeteria and shot five people.
Meanwhile, a source told HLN Tuesday that Lane confessed to authorities that he stole a gun from his uncle. The weapon was identified by the source as a semi-automatic .22-caliber handgun that had been purchased legally. The source said authorities found the gun inside the school.
It was announced Tuesday that two victims, Demetrius Hewling and Russell King Jr. -- died. The news came after the family of Daniel Parmentor, also a Chardon student, was pronounced dead hours after being shot in the school cafeteria. Two other students wounded in the shooting remained hospitalized.
High school junior Nate Mueller, who was grazed in the ear by a bullet, described the chaos during the shooting.
"My friends were crawling on the floor, and one of my friends was bent over the table, and he was shot," Mueller said. "It was almost like a firecracker went off. I turned around and saw [T.J.] standing with a gun and I saw him take a shot," he was quoted as saying.