45 more minutes of Dr. Conrad Murray's LAPD interview were played in court this morning. His statement included several significant and interesting pieces of information. But we're here to help you cut to the chase, so here are the 5 "must know" details from what was played today in court.
1. Cause of death Jackson's family members asked Dr. Murray why MJ died and he says he told them he didn’t know. Dr. Murray says "that's the reason why I was recommending to the family to have an autopsy, because I also wanted to know."
2. The 'other' doctor Dr. Murray said he heard that Jackson visited Dr. Arnold Klein three times a week. During defense attorney Ed Chernoff’s opening statement, he said Dr. Klein administered the painkiller Demerol to Jackson and the pop star was addicted to it. A toxicologist has testified Demerol was not in Jackson’s system.
3. Marijuana Detectives asked Dr. Murray about marijuana found in Jackson’s home and whether Jackson smoked weed. Dr. Murray replied he didn’t know, but Jackson wore “excessive cologne” that may have masked it.
4. Out of touch? Detectives asked Dr. Murray why they had trouble getting in touch with him despite leaving voicemails and multiple text messages. Dr. Murray blamed it on being bombarded by people trying to contact him after Jackson’s death.
5. Not enough food or drink Dr. Murray said Jackson often suffered from dehydration because he didn't like to eat and didn't drink enough. He said Jackson's mother Katherine used to have to force him to eat something.
Complete courtroom coverage of the Conrad Murray trial airs live on HLN from gavel to gavel. It’s also on In Session on truTV from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET every weekday.