By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Close X

Dr. Murray’s complicated love life

Doctor Conrad Murray was juggling at least three women at the time of Michael Jackson’s death. In June 2009, Dr. Murray was dating a dancer, Michelle Bella, a waitress from Houston, Sade Anding, and was living with an waitress/actress, Nicole Alvarez.

Of the women in his life at the time, it seems Dr. Murray was closest with Alvarez, the mother of his 7th child. Alvarez was also on the receiving end of Dr. Murray's propofol shipments.

She told the court that while Dr. Murray had told her to expect the deliveries, he never said what they contained and she never opened them.  Documents introduced as evidence showed FedEx made deliveries to her apartment on April 26, May 1, May 13, May 15, June 11 and June 16 in 2009.

Alvarez testified that she frequently signed for the packages, which were sent to the Santa Monica apartment she was renting. Alvarez said Dr. Murray was paying her rent for that apartment, at $2,500 a month.

Earlier, prosecutors called Bella to the stand to ask about her relationship with Dr. Murray and contact with him on the day Jackson died.

She testified that she had met Dr. Murray at the Spearmint Rhino gentlemen’s club in Las Vegas in 2008 and began a relationship with him. She also said that the night she met Dr. Murray she sat with him for about an hour and half, and was paid about $1,000 for her time.

Prosecutor Debra Brazil focused on a voicemail message Dr. Murray left on Bella’s phone the morning before Jackson died. Bella said she felt Dr. Murray sounded tired in the message, but she just chalked this up to him being a doctor and working odd hours.

The next woman to take the stand was Anding.  It's believed she was on the phone with Dr. Murray at the moment he realized Jackson had stopped breathing.

Brazil introduced Anding’s phone records into evidence that indicated that Dr. Murray called her at 11:51 a.m. on the day Jackson died. Anding testified that it was “five or six minutes into the call” when she first realized Dr. Murray was no longer on the phone. She heard unrecognizable mumbling and some coughing in the background before the line went silent.

Complete coverage of the Conrad Murray trial live on HLN from gavel to gavel and on In Session from 9a to 3p ET every week day.

Join the conversation... welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the Rules of Conduct set forth in our Terms of Service. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Service.