By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Close X

Nancy Grace

"Nancy Grace" is television's only justice themed/interview/debate show for those interested in the breaking news of the day.

ER Doctor Testifies Jackson Could Not Have Been Saved At Hospital

An emergency room doctor who testified Friday that Michael Jackson was “clinically dead” when he arrived at UCLA Medical Center on June 25, 2009 returned to the stand Monday morning to provide more details about the treatment Jackson received at the hospital.

Dr. Richelle Cooper said that she decided at 2:26 pm to pronounce Jackson dead, but she had never felt a pulse during the entire time she was working on him. Cooper testified that she felt comfortable pronouncing him dead much earlier while in radio communication with the paramedics who were still treating him at his home, but Conrad Murray insisted on not giving up at that point and claimed he found a pulse.

She stated Monday that, in retrospect, there was no chance of reviving Jackson by the time he got to the hospital.

Murray, Jackson’s personal doctor at the time, is on trial for involuntary manslaughter in connection with Jackson’s death. Prosecutors allege that he gave Jackson a fatal dose of the sedative propofol and that he failed to seek help quickly enough when Jackson became non-responsive.

Like the paramedics who testified last week, Cooper said Murray never mentioned to her that he gave Jackson propofol. On cross examination, however, she said that information would not have altered her treatment of Jackson or the result. She added that she believed Jackson was dead long before he became her patient.

Cooper also testified that Jackson’s children were “hysterical” and crying when they learned of his death at the hospital.

Another doctor who treated Jackson at UCLA, Dr. Thao Nguyen, also testified Monday that the failed effort to save Jackson was not a matter of “too little, too late,” but it was simply too late.

Employees of AT&T and Sprint testified about Murray’s cell phone records from June 25, 2009, identifying several calls that were made in the hours before and after Jackson’s death.

Join the conversation... welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the Rules of Conduct set forth in our Terms of Service. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Service.