By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Close X

Jackson employee gives court inside look at the day MJ died

For Michael Jackson's personal assistant, his first indication something had gone very wrong came in the form of a voicemail from Dr. Conrad Murray.

"Get here right away, Mr. Jackson had a bad reaction."

Testimony has moved into the events surrounding Michael Jackson's death on June 25, 2009. Prosecutors called Jackson's personal assistant, Michael Amir Williams, to the stand to recount what happened that day.

Williams says he got that urgent voicemail from Murray at 12:13 p.m. Williams returned the call in two minutes and was told to get help, but he says Murray did not ask him to call 911. Before heading for Jackson's Holmby Hills home, Williams called Alberto Alvarez, who was on site in a security trailer, and told him to go into the house. (Alvarez is expected to be one of the next witnesses. He's the one who ultimately called 911.)

When Williams arrived, the ambulance was at the home and Jackson was being moved downstairs on a gurney. Williams testified that he saw Murray outside talking to the paramedics and that he looked frantic. "I knew it was serious." Williams followed the ambulance to the hospital with Jackson's three children.

Some time after Jackson was pronounced dead but while still at UCLA Medical Center, Murray approached Williams and asked for a ride back to Jackson's home to get some creams. Murray said he believed Jackson "wouldn't want the world to know about" the creams. Williams lied and said the police had the keys and he couldn't take him back there. On cross, Williams conceded he did not tell the police about that request from Murray until August 31 – more than two months after Jackson's death.

Williams also testified that Murray had a second request while still at the hospital and shortly after Jackson was pronounced dead. He was hungry and asked to be driven somewhere to get eat. Williams refused.

Should Williams have gone over Dr. Murray's head and called 911 as soon as he heard that Jackson had a "bad reaction" or should he have trusted that Dr. Murray had the situation under control? I want to hear from you! Tweet me @BethKaras.

Join the conversation... welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the Rules of Conduct set forth in our Terms of Service. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Service.