By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Close X

MJ doc went on propofol spree!

  • Michael Jackson died from acute propofol intoxication
  • In nine weeks, Dr. Murray purchased four gallons of propofol
MJ doc went on propofol spree!

Michael Jackson’s autopsy report states that he died from acute propofol intoxication, and it’s stunning just how much of the drug Dr. Conrad Murray bought the months before Jackson died. 

Dr. Murray was interviewed by the Los Angeles Police Department two days after the King of Pop's death. He described to investigators how he met Jackson in 2006 when he treated Jackson's children for the flu and how, in the spring of 2009, Jackson had hired him to be his personal physician during “This is It,” a series of 50 concerts to take place in London.

A Las Vegas pharmacist says it was around this time that Conrad Murray started buying propofol from him. Tim Lopez owned Applied Pharmacy Services, and he says that between April 6th and June 10th, 2009, Dr. Conrad Murray bought propofol, a powerful surgical anesthetic, from him four separate times.

Lopez testified at Dr. Murray's preliminary hearing, and told the court that Dr. Murray ordered several hundred bottles of propofol from him.

Over the course of about nine weeks, Dr. Murray ended up buying more than four gallons of propofol.

Here’s how Lopez says Dr. Murray's propofol purchases break down:

On April 6th, Dr. Murray ordered one 10-bottle carton of 100-milliliter vials. Dr. Murray also ordered a 25-bottle carton of the smaller size of 20-milliliter vials.
Three weeks later, on April 28th, Lopez says Dr. Murray ordered 40 bottles of the larger size and 25 bottles of the smaller size.
Around May 12th, Lopez says Murray placed the same order as he did on April 28th.

On June 10th, Dr. Murray placed his final and largest order with Lopez: 40 100-milliliter vials and 50 20-milliter vials.

That adds up to 130 of the larger bottles and 125 of the smaller bottles of propofol. Toxicology tests results show that Michael Jackson had propofol levels similar to those found during major surgery, and the Los Angeles medical examiner ruled that the singer died of acute propofol intoxication. Dr. Conrad Murray told investigators he only gave Jackson 25 milligrams of propofol the day he died. He has pleaded not guilty to charges of involuntary manslaughter and denies he gave Jackson the fatal dose.

Join the conversation... welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the Rules of Conduct set forth in our Terms of Service. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Service.
Doc: MJ was 'totally addicted to propofol'
Conrad Murray | See all 144 items Doc: MJ was 'totally addicted to propofol'